Hi folks !

(Not so) longtime listener and first time caller.

My mother -- 56 yrs old -- has had PD since 1988.  She takes Sinement -- w/
relatively little noticeable success.  Excuse my lack of familiarity with
the PD vernacular --/  She is hardly ambulatory, stumbles and has a difficult
time speaking.  It is very difficult for her to keep her head straight and
she drools.

My folks are now considering a pallidotomy (sp?).  Their Dr.
is at NYU Med Center -- don't seem to have his name handy.

I'd like information on the proicedure, alternatives, risks, etc.
Apparently, more and more physicians are doing this surgery.  What
are your experiences?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Andrew and Meredith