Dear Barbara,
With all due respect, I think the "forwarded message" suggesting that we
(you) should eliminate the word "disease" from the list is the most useless
use of Internet time I have read to date.   What earthly difference
would/should/could that make???? ....this answer running a close second.

With all of the important things happening in the field of research today,
there are too many things to talk about  - OTHER than to quibbling about
nomenclature -  that are important to all of us.

Should it be just "Parkinson's"  or "Parkinson's Syndrome" or "Parkinson's
Disease" or, maybe "The Shaking Palsy" (which is what Parkinson himself
called it) or, perhaps, "Saint Vitus's Dance"????  This  subject is totally
rediculous.  A rose or drug by any other name. ...........    Maybe we should
vote to change eldepryl (deprenyl, to some of you) to "junco" which is what
it was called when first produced in Hungery by Chinion Labs.

Rather than thinking there is a "certain stigma  attaced to Parkinsons "(sic
"'s", that we can fix by changing the name, we should be more informative and
PRODUCTIVE about informing people that it is a legitimate medical problem,
and it is not the end of life .......it is just the beginning of a new wy of
life .... without regard  what you want to call it at any one moment

I not only vote "no" to the proposition; I also vote for "forget it"  ...it
is too un-important to even consider.   .....which I won't do any more.
  Your correspondent sould get a hobby.

VernD