Hi Hans,
Saw your letter in the Parkinsons Information Network. Sorry, but
I can only reply to your first question.

Your friend seem to have the same problems I encountered. I had a
massive heart attack followed a year later by triple bypass surgery.
Some years prior to that I had a discotomy.
The soles of my feet used to burn so much that I would get out of bed
to stand on a cold floor or put some cold water on them. When mentioning
this to my doctors they usually ignored the question. Finally it was
diagnosed as "peripheral neuropathy due to Diabetes." I was up till then
never diagnosed a being a Diabetic.
Nothing was done about the feet burning but low and behold, after about
five years of it, suddenly the thing disappeared. I dont know what happened
but it has not returned.
The leg pain, which I also have, has been blamed on the disc problem. The
same applies to the low back pain.
Whenever I mentioned to the doctors that Parkinsons might be causing the
various pains I was always told, there is no pain associated with Parkinsons.
However I know for sure in my own case, that the very significant pain I
have in my chest wall is directly caused by the constant pulling of the
chest muscles and my efforts to keep a straight posture. This seems to
irritate the surgical scars etc. left from the bypass surgery. Your friend
may have similar symptoms from his heart surgery.
As to wether this are normal Parkinsons symptoms or not, I cant tell you.
I hope this helps you in some way and please tell your friend to keep on
fighting and not let the pains get him down.
Cheers,
Werner
Werner Staubitzer