Barbara

The note from VernD concerning "disease" is very interesting. I will
do what I normally do not, that is deal with specifics as stated by him.

1) One of Internet's purposes is to stimulate discussions and to
   further change where change is needed.
   This discussion is, therefore, not useless, as indeed any discussion
   among reasonable people is never useless.

2) The importance of research can never be over-emphazied. However, it
   is highly unlikely that this discussion will influence research
   efforts.

3) The changing of the name "junco" to Deprenyl seems to indicate that
   the original name needed changing.  However, I never advocated changing
   any name and this argument is, therefore, superflous.

4) There is no question that Parkinsons is a legitimate medical problem.
   Not only that, it is also a significant medical problem. I am all for
   informing people concerning every aspect of Parkinsons, one of which is,
   that it is not a "disease".

5) The last sentence of his note seems to indicate a certain lack of
   maturity.

Wishing you a very good weekend,
Werner
Werner Staubitzer