Dear Warren, I don't know if my experience is directly related or not, but
my mom, who has Parkinson's, has had various on and off periods fluctuating
from hi functioning to low functioning periods.  These sometimes coincide
with the meds. she's taking (things have been pretty experimental...lets try
this sort of strategies), and she did take a fall two years ago in which she
hurt her lower body and back slightly. She has blamed this fall on her
 increasing
back problems. She also has gotten rather stooped, or holds herself in a bent
forward manner which must aggrivate that problem.  Physical therapy is now being
tried by the home health providers who come in one form or another to her home
every day. She lives in a small mobile home with my step-father, right behind
our home, so I am able to keep pretty close tabs on things.  She takes sinemet,
eldepryl, and something called risperdal.  She has been diagnosed for about
12 years, but for the first eight or so years, there was very little change.
Sometimes the frustration to me is deciding whether the condition, or the
meds. are causing her problems.  Lately, she has suffered from some dementia
and her dr. in Fla. (where she winters) thinks she has had a couple of small
strokes. She is still very mobile...too much so, when she wants to take a
drive...but gets extremely tired and weak at inconvenient times.
Sorry to rattle on so, but its wonderful to have this list as a resource for
information and for sharing experiences. The doctors here seem to have little
knowledge of Parkinsons, or what to expect.
Thanks for your contribution, and I wish you the best in your efforts of help
your father.
Sincerely,
Lynn Lowe    [log in to unmask]