Dear Friends:

My mother -- 58 -- has been diagnosed with PD for roughly six years.  She
lives in the philadelphia area.

Her mobility and quality of life are quite deteriorated -- i.e. she is
unable to walk, difficulty speaking, drolling, constipation, etc.  She is
considering a pallidotomy although she is terrified of the procedure.  (our
family has a reflexive fear of any type of brain surgery)  Her response to
Sinement has not been good for quite some time.

I have read a few wonderful testimonials from persons who have had
the pallidotomy undertaken.  I have not heard of anyone who was unhappy with
the procedure or had difficult side effects.

I'd like to learn as much as possible.

Thank you for your responses.

Andrew and Meredith; [log in to unmask]