Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 23:35:14 -0400
From: "Debra Carleton,PC-D,SoN nonRN/BSN SOSC" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list NURSENET <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: VIRUS ALERT

VIRUS ALERT FROM ARGENTINA:
        nursenetters:
                I saw this on another listserv and thought I would post it
in case anyone uses this type of program.
        From: Dr. Juan Carlos Garelli
              Attachment Research Center
              Buenos Aires, Argentina
        E-mail:[log in to unmask]

        A Virus has been discovered on the INTERNET disguised as CD-ROM
shareware. Hackers have illegally put the CHINON name on a destructive
shareware file and released it on the INTERNET. The viruse is named
CD-IT .  DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT. It will corrupt your hardrive. The program is a
shareware PC utility that will convert an ordinary CD-ROM drive into a CD
RECORDABLE device (thought to be impossible) and it will destroy critical
system files on the user's hard drive, crash the CPU AND FORCES THE USER to
reboot and stays in memory.

..........forewarned is foreARMED, netters!!  (Peter - get the pun on words?)
                    D. Carleton, B.S.N.