Dear Hans:  Thank you for the studies in re Sinemet CR versus the regular
methyl ester levadopa, and a combination - dealing with rapid onset/long
duration problems of levadopa.
    Studies will have to be done again now that the junior CR 25/100 is on
the market.  As a new user of levadopa, and wanting to keep my daily dose as
low as possible, I am disappointed that the manufacturer didn't also make a
half dose size of 12.5 carbidopa/50 levadopa - or at least properly score the
new junior tablet.  I had heard that the UK scored their equivalant junior
size Madopar controlled release as well as making a 12.5/50 CR tablet.
    It is time some scientists "discover" a better levadopa drug causing less
 of the ON/OFF syndrome, dyskinesia,  mental problems, and dystonia.  I dread
facing these possible problems.  Diphasic dystonia alone would require real
artistry in titration.  It is not something most doctors are good at - nor
want to take the time to be good at.  It is a boring subject albeit a fact of
PD for many patients.  And so it behooves those  of us who can to learn all
we can about the enigma called Parkinsons, and pass on what we learn through
newsletters and electronic bulletin boards.

Best regards,
Barbara Yacos