To all those with dyskinesia
From [log in to unmask]

I would like those of you with dyskinesia to try a simple experiment.  You
will need to beg, steal, buy or borrow two pieces of acrylic, one dark red
and one dark blue.  They should not be so dark that you can not see through
them.  The size should be about the size of the lens of eye glasses.  Because
of the possibility of dizziness or some other response, I highly suggest you
have someone with you when performing these tests.  You must be in dyskinesia
when performing these tests.  Here are the tests:

Try walking for 30 seconds under the following conditions:

 Over left eye  Over right eye  Your observation
  -----------    ------------    ---------------

     none            none
     red             none
     blue            none
     none            red
     none            blue
     red             blue
     blue            red

Please allow at least 30 seconds between trials.  I would appreciate it if
you would e-mail your comments for each test to me rather than send them to
the listserver.  This way you will not influence someone else performing the
test.  In two weeks I will report the results of those who tried the test.

Please have someone with you when trying these tests.  It is for your own
safety.  Secondly, I do not know what to expect in advance. That is why I am
asking you to try all possible combinations.  Again, you must be in
dyskinesia at the time you try the tests.

I truly believe that patients will find the cure to Parkinson's disease.  I
do not mean that the researchers are worthless.  What I am saying is, that
we, the patient, will guide researchers by providing feedback and information
on our observations as we live with this disease.

Regards,
Alan Bonander ( [log in to unmask] )