        Hello, my name is Robert Roghair. I am entering my final year of study
at the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy and am currently applying for
medical school here at the U of I. Besides my obvious interest in medical
issues, I wanted to join this group because my grandfather has PD and I
wanted to gather as much info as I could to ease my grandmother's worries. My
grandpa has just recently progressed to mild stage II PD with mild bilateral
tremor. His biggest problem thus far has been noncompliance with his
meds. He always complains about the price (although he is quite rich),
and never gives his body time to adjust to the drugs or for his
pharmacist to titrate the dosage before he quits taking the meds. He
recently stopped taking his Sinemet because he said it made him too
depressed with no ambition to play card games, etc. anymore. So, my
questions to you all are:
        1. How can I encourage him to be more compliant?
        2. What can I tell my grandmother to ease her fears?
        3. Is anyone in this group aware of someone he can talk to in the
           NW part of Iowa (Alton in particular) or of a support group
           they could join?

        Thanks in advance for your help.
                        Robert Roghair ([log in to unmask])