hello to all,
my name is daniel licht, i am a second year medical student at the university
of medicine and  dentistry of new jersey and, hopefully, a future
neurologist. i am interested in this group for personal reasons and because
a good friend of mine has parkinson's and has turned to me for advice. advice
i give as best as mylimited knowlege permits. i have two questions for
whoever can help:

   1) what has been the progress of the colorodo fetal tissue implant trial?
i understand, or more accurately, it has been rumored, that there has been
a problem with patients stroking from the surgery. is this true?

   2) there has been a resurgance in the use of pallidotomies, i missed
this  group's discussion on the subject (i would like to get copies of all
that was said)..from what i understand, the latest technique is to clip the
ansa lenticularis at the lateral globus. does such proceedure preclude you
from having a fetal tissue transplant when and if that proceedure is
improved?

sorry about the length of the note.  i anxiously await response.

allbest,
daniel ([log in to unmask])