To Michelle Joidoin of Ottawa: pallidotomy is being perfomred currently in
Toronto at Toronto Western - contact Dr. Anthony Lang. I understand that
London, Ontario and Vancouver are slated to begin and there may be a
neurosurgeon in Saskatoon (trained recently by Dr. Robert Iacono of Loma
Linda Medical Center in California).

To Ann Strozenwski of Dallas: your comments about the lack of interest by
the doctor is all too common. Parkinsonians' best sympathetic advice and
support comes from each other as you can readily see from the kind of
messages posted on this network. I am not a Parkinsonian - my wife Moira is
-- but as a caregiver I know how important it is for Parkinsonians and
their families to make use of the support groups that exist.

Finally, as someone who works on a local newsletter (in this case the
layout etc of the Nova Scotia Division Newsletter, Parkinson Foundation of
Canada) it seems to me that this network is an ideal place to exchange
information which should also appear in the countless Parkinson newsletters
around the world. There are many Parkinsonians who do not have access to
this technology (although freenets are going to provide public access
terminals in many communities very doon -- one is starting up here in
Halifax). These people will continue to depend on print newsletters.

Certainly the network does allow an easy means of asking persmission for
reproduction in a newsletter, but perhaps writers who are providing
technical, creative, or other "composed" material might indicate that it is
freely available for reproduction in non-commercial newsletters.

I think we are on the edge of a major expansion of Parkinsonian and friends
communication well beyond the elctronic network.

As well, I have told members of our local Halifax-Dartmouth chapter that if
they have any queries they would like to send out to the world, I would be
happy to facilitate it.

All the best to everyone, TTFN

Peter
 --