Hi all:
This is my first posting since joining the list a week or so ago. I'm
writing on behalf of my Mom and Dad who struggle mightily to deal with
my Mom's PD. She's in her 9th year and is not doing well in dealing
with her meds and in coordinating with her PD doc about whether her
meds regiment needs to be adjusted.
In particular, she has suffered through tremendously violent bouts of
dyskenesia (lying flat on the living room floor and shaking
uncontrollably) as well as incidents where her PD seems to shift all
the way to other side of the spectrum to where she is virtually frozen.

My folks' big question is this: Has anyone dealt wih the liquid
sinemet? If so, how did it work? Particular problems with it?
Suggestions on using it?

Also: Has anyone developed a good set of tools for a PD care-giver to
use to help the PD person accurately keep track of when meds were
taken in order to best report same to docs to see if changes need to
be made? Problem here is that Mom doesn't always say something when
she takes meds so Dad has had a real hard time logging meds.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions on this.

Fred Schneyer ([log in to unmask])