Dear Andrew and Meredith, sorry to hear about your mother's setback. Is is
a constant thing, or does she recover her voice at recurring intervals?
My mother suffers this too, and considers it part of her "weak spells" as she
calls them.  She can only get out a whisper level voice, and that is an
effort.  Other times, she can speak normally, with slight slurring.  We have
not determined what the cause of this is. Please keep us informed as to whether
the increased meds. helps in your mom's case.  The talk of successful pallidotom
 ies has interested me as a possible way to eliminate these weak spells
that occur.
Lynn Lowe