Dear Colleagues on the net:  We are currently rennovating our house and
adding a new bedroom and adjoing bath.  We are anticipating the time when
I may be more house bound, and so have designed a bath with a whirlpool to
loosen me up in the morning and a walk in shower that I can get a chair in
should that become necessary.  The question that has arisen is how to think
about floor covering; namely, should we have the floor done in hardwood or
should we put down plywood and a rug over that?  As my mother got older and
the disease got more serious, she had trouble walking on a carpet with
a regular length pile.  So that had to be taken out and a short pile carpet
like commercial grade had to be installed.  I was wondering if that is a general
experience that others of you have had.  YOur advice would be of great help
to us on this, for we have to make that decision in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks.  Bob Newbrough ([log in to unmask])