I am a new subscriber writing in response to Barbara's welcome.  My
interest in Parkinson's is not professional (I teach Philosophy and
Classics in Frederickburg, VA), but personal.  My father, a retired
pediatrician in Wisconsin suffers from the disease.  He is primarily
affected by instability and lack of mobility.  He has good days and bad
days with no predictable pattern.  On the bad days his window of activity
is limited to 3 or 4 hours in a 24 hour period.  I joined the list hoping
to learn more and to be able to rely information to my parents.  My
mother is particularly interested in any information relating to diet and
nutrition.  I heard recently a new report about studies on the rati  of
protein to carbohydrates, I believe from Boston U (?).  If anyone could
point me to a source for more specifics, I would be grateful.

David Ambuel