Hi Bob, Your letter strikes a responsive chord with me. It seems that you
have the same problem with diabetes I have. Before Parkinsons I had little
problem controlling blood sugar. After Parkinsons it became harder and after
starting Eldepryl and Permax it really was difficult. Since I started on
Sinemet in March of this year it is almost impossible to maintain any
semblance of control.
I also take Lanoxin in addition to Propranolol, Vasotec, Diazyde and
Aspirin. In addition, just to complete the list, I inject Insulin.
I firmly believe that the Parkinson medications are affecting the ability to
properly control blood sugars. In an attempt to check the effect of Sinemet
on my condition, I will, with my Neuro's permission, reduce and if possible
eliminate Sinemet altogether. If this proves possible, it might also affect
the blood sugars. If this should be so it would, at least, implicate Sinemet.
I will let you know how the thing turns out.
Werner
========
Werner Staubitzer
========