Hello Leif and welcome.  I've been on the list for about 6 months and I
think this is only the third time I've sent a message.  I have the same
questions that you do so maybe we can spur some more responces from the
rest of the young onset folks out there.

My symptoms started about when I was 28 in 1988.  I was diagnosed in
1990 and started on Sinemet.  My initial symptom was a tremor and some
stiffness in my left hand and by the time I was diagnosed I was
experiencing some problems with my left foot when I walked.

During the 5 or so years since then I have been working with my
neurologist on trying to lengthen my "on" periods.  I am currently taking:

1 25/100 Synemet + 1 50/200 Synemet CR + 3 5mg Parlodel Three times a day
1 5mg Eldypril  Twice a day
(This new schedule will have to be trimmed back. We were hoping that the
parlodel would lengthen the effect but it just makes me "shacky")

I have noticed for about the last 6 months that during my "off" times I
have stiffness in my right hand.  I have never had any tremor on my right
side as of yet.  I often wonder that since my symptoms are unilateral, and
the drugs certainly aren't, wether this symptom is the progression of
the disorder or just a dependence my body has developed
after taking Synemet for 5 years.

Well,  I've tried to curb my tendency to be very "longwinded" when I
write.  I don't think I've been very successful.  My condition has not
stopped me from doing anything that I used to do.  I was never an extremely
active person. My job and my hobby is computing and I hope to continue
for quite some time. My spirits have been much improved since I got on
the list here and started hearing about some of the promising research.

Hope this info helps.  Hope to hear from some other "youngster".

Roy Lee ([log in to unmask])