Thanks for the kind words about my mother's voice problem.  REgretably, the
news on that front isn't great.  My mother often looses her voice and the
most she can manage is a whisper.  Other times, mostly during daytime "on"
periods, she does a bit better.  Even at her best, the voice is weak and
sometimes not understandable.  This must be horrifying for her as this is
her only means of communication at this point.  It is a source of anguish
for myself and my father.  Any suggestions?  I seem to remember a message
(some time ago) about devices that can be used to amplify -- I think that
this might be helpful even to make her whispers understanble.

Thanks again