DEar Meredith Ann Cheney: Re: voice problems.   I am beginning to lose my
voice and consulted the Vanderbilt University Voice Center today.  I saw
Dr. Ed Stone who referred me to Dr. Lorraine Ramig at the University of
Colorado at Boulder.  She is in the Speech and Communications department and
has been studying Parkinson's patients.  I am going to be in Boulder
2-10 August; my parents' in law live there and am in process of trying to
get an appointment with her.  Her Phone is 303/492-6445.  I will put a
message on the network about this when I return; after 17 Aug.
        Dr. Stone told me that he has looked into the voice amplification
matter and has found two good ones.  One is $500 plus and is good for
those of us who need help with our lecturing, etc.  The other costs under
$10 and is available through K-Mart.  You might might want to contact him
as to further information:  The Voice Center, 2700 The Village at Vanderbilt,
1500 21st Ave. So., Nashville, TN 37212.  Ph: 615/343-7464.
        I will put more information on the network as soon as I have some.
                All the best.  Bob Newbrough([log in to unmask])