My original intention was to "lurk" on this list for a while and see what
transpired.  But after giving it some thought, I have decided to take up
Barbara's invitation to introduce myself.

My name is Jane Metz and I work as a law librarian in San Francisco.  I
am interested in this listserv because my 71 year old father has
Parkinson's Disease.  He was diagnosed in 1980.  Dad is currently under
the care of Dr. James Tetrud of the Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale,
California.  Dad is participating in a double-blind study of the drug
Entakapone.

My plan is to print out the messages on this list for my parents to read
(they do not have Internet access, although I bet my Mother would get
addicted to it if given the chance).  I hope that the list will become
yet another source of information to help our entire family (I am the
youngest of 5 children) understand this disease.

Thanks for reading,

Jane Metz, [log in to unmask]