# 1

I recently heard that there is a pacemaker style alternative to a
pallidotomy.  According to my friend, the pacemaker sends electrical stimuli
to the brain and is the functional equivalent to a pallidotomy but
is noninvasive and reverseable.

I heard that it is being done by somebody in California.  There is also a
control box that allows the patient to make adjustments in stimuli level
depending upon the need -- i.e. good bay /bad day.

Has anybody heard about this or have any information?

# 2

Does anybody ahve information on a company named "Somatix" in Alemeda, CA
there is a Dr. there named Bankiewicz who is doing gene thereapy.  I'd
appreciate any information on this.

As always, thanks . . .

Andrew and Meredith