Hi.  I am writing in regard to my Dad who is 74 and has been diagnosed
at least four years.  He is on Sinemet CR bid (don't know dosage).
My Mom and I have noticed a recent sharp decline in hhis memory and his
temper.  He can't remember to turn the stove off, turn the water off
after using (such as brushing his teeth), the names of his three
grandchildren, etc. He at times can't even remember his birth year.
Another sharp change is his temper.  Since diagnosis his temper would
flare in episodes but now it seems to ba almost continous.  We all
walk on eggshells because we don't know what will set him off.  As of
yet there has been no physical violence but I worry about my Mom being
so close.  He refuses to see a neurologist and hhis internal medicine
MD tries but Dad won't go to see him  that often.  Mom is under much stress
but won't seek out a support group.  My main question, is this the PD
worsening or something else (Alzheimers?).  Any comments?
As a medical professional I worry about both of them but my speciality
is maternity, not neurology.  I appreciate either personal mail or on
the board--whatever you deem appropriate.  Thanks in advance  Sharon :(