Joanna and Joe:

I am on duodenal infusion, which pumps liquid sinemet directly into my small
intestine.  My version of liquid sinemet also contains permax.  This means I
only take two pills a day, eldepryl and paxil.  These are both in the
morning.

In the recent issue of APDA newsletter is an article on liquid sinemet by Dr.
Matt Kurth.  He is my neurologist for infusion and also understands liquid
sinemet better than anyone I know.  I have a paper on liquid sinemet that is
about 14 pages (?) long.  If either of you would like a copy, Email me your
snail mail address and I will send it to you.

Just to clear up some previous comments.  The patient makes liquid sinemet by
disolving sinemet pills in a solution of water and vit. C.  This solution is
stable for as many as seven days provided it is kept out of direct sun light.
 It does not need refrigeration; however, I keep my supply there.  It is so
easy to make, that I would not want the drug companies making it.  As it
turns out, one can chew, crush, disolve, what ever, REGULAR sinemet pills.
Taken in this form with a minimum of one ounce of a sweet liquid on an empty
stomach will get the meds working about the fastest short of injection.
 Please note that I said REGULAR sinemet pills and not the control release
version, Sinemet CR.

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])

PS: If you are on AOL and using MS Word 6.0 I might beable to zip the file
and you can print it on your system.