I am a new member of the parkinson's list.  I have read some of the
archives and found them very interesting.  By way of introduction, I am a
Master's student in Gerontology at the University of Utah.  In April I
began practicum work (predominantly weekly visits for emotional support
and some task assistance) with a older woman who has Parkinson's
Disease.  I have been doing some research and reading since that time to
become more familiar with PD and to find ways that I can be more
sensitive to her needs and to also improve my own understanding of the
disease.

My friend does not demonstrate visible outward tremors but says that she
suffers from internal tremors all the time where her muscles are
trembling but no one can see them.  This is very frustrating to her.  I
have not run across anything like this in the information I have read.
I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing similar symptoms and
anything you could let me know about them, treatment, etc.  Thanks.  I
look forward to continuing to participate in the list and learning from
your experiences.

Paula W. Jorgensen
University of Utah
Gerontology Center