Hello everybody,
Quite a few of you have in the past few days written about pain experienced
by Parkinsonians. I have had leg pains, knee pains, cramps and especially
severe backpains before and after being diagnosed. The leg and knee pains
were always attributed to arthritis and the back pain to an old disc problem.
After now realizing that many Parkinsonians are experiencing the same pains,
it appears to me that, contrary to popular opinion, Parkinsons does produce
pain.
My backpain I attribute to the fact that I am having quite a problem with my
posture. I have a very hard time to stay upright and the constant forward
pulling requires the back to always strain against this.
This same problem also interferes with my breathing and, since I have had
Bypass surgery, also produces chestwall pain.
So far I have found no way to alleviate the pain, except when it gets too
severe, I take Atasol 30.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how this pain problem could be
brought more into focus to the medical community, which, as already mentioned,
still seems to believe that there is "no pain associated with Parkinsons."
Regards
Werner Staubitzer