        I am the son of someone who has been diagnosed with "atypical PD"
and found your post to be most informative.  At one point, PSP was
considered but my father does not have the ocular paralysis typical of
that disease.  Now, I'm left with little guidance as to what exactly his
condition actually is and thus, the "atypical PD" label.  Would you be so
kind as to point me to any other books, articles, Web sites, *etc*.
regarding the conditions you described.  Thanks a lot for the material
you have already provided and any other info you might be able to share.

                                                Jim Devor

P.S.    I will never again leave unchallenged snide remarks about AOLers on
        the Net