Dear Werner Staubitzer and responders:  Reflecting on the pain question, I too
have been experiencing muscle spasms and pain as a result of the PD.   Before
the diagnosis, it had been called a "weak back problem."
        I have found that Feldenkreis therapy to be very helpful in dealing with
the stiffness and pain.  My Feldenkreis therapist, on my May session, described
the session as loosening up the tinman.  And it certainly was!  It really
works well with me.  Once she does the treatment, she gives me some exercises
to do to keep the particular muscle sets loosened.  I put some information
about her and the technique on the network earlier in the year.  If anyone
wishes, I will send that to you from my email files or put them back on the
network.
        This past week I was at a conference and talked with a colleague
whose wife had chronic backpain that resisted medication for over a year,
but was quite responsive to accupuncture.  Has anyone tried this?  To what
effectiveness?
        Sorry to be coming in on this conversation a bit late, but I have
been out of town for 3 weeks and am just now getting caught up with the
back mail.
        Bob Newbrough ([log in to unmask])