Dear Ben:  I have found that two herbal laxatives work very well for me, both
available at health food stores:  Senna and Cascara Sagrada.  I have checked
them with my neurologist and she was OK with them.  In fact, she is now
prescribing them to others of her patients.
        The biochemist that I consult in Seattle tells me that Vitamin C
in large doses works well too.  He has me taking a powdered Vitamin c from
a source in California; I can provide it if you like(that information is at
home and I am at the office).  It is like Alka Seltzer, fizzy in water.  I
take a teaspoon morning and night.
        Bob Newbrough