---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 08:01:20 -0700
From: Robert Fink <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Introduction

Barbara:  Thank you for your welcome to the Parkinson List.  I am a
neurological surgeon, practicing in Berkeley, California, and deal
with Parkinsonian patients.  In my "younger days", I did some
research work on various types of abnormal movement disorders, and,
in the days of surgery for Parkinsonism, was active in that field.  I
also have a 90-year-old father-in-law (also a physician) who suffers
from Parkinsonism and who lives in Hawaii.  I treated him initially
(with medication) and he is now under treatment in Hilo, Hawaii.
Unfortunately, his disease is progressing now (he received about 7
years of excellent results from medications), as he is becoming
refractory to the drugs now.  I am interested in the latest work in
this area, especially to try and be of help to "Grandpa", and will
be forwarding some of what I learn from this List to him (by mail,
as he is not "into" computers).  I am looking forward to my involve-
ment with this List.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Fink, M. D.