<<Dr. Judith Kulig, RN, DNSc Assistant Professor School of
<<Nurisng U of Lethbridge
<<Lethbridge Alberta Canada. [log in to unmask]

<<Dear Don: I read with interest your comments about low blood
<<pressure and the use of licorice. My mother has parkinson's and
<<complains of low b/p I am a nurse and have joined the list in
<<hopes of getting more insights in helping my mom. How much
<<licorice needs to be ingested? What is the appropriate time
<<frame considering desired activity ie. when should it be taken,
<<in the morning before trying to do something, etc. Thanks for
<<your help.>>

When I mentioned my posting to one my medical colleagues, she
said that domestic(US) licorice does NOT raise blood pressure.  I
have never seen an article on this.  Trial and success..  If you
do find out how much it takes to maintain pressures above the
"sinking" feeling, please post your results.  Don Penny