My mother, Camille Dillingofski, an 83 year old PD patient, has been reading
all of your comments with great interest for the past month. In fact, she
asks me every morning, "Has anything come through on Parkinson's today?" So
we are not only giving her more information and improving her spirits, we're
also making her computer literate! Thank you to all of you for your
thoughtful questions and answers. Special thanks to those of you that have
taken the time to enter PD research papers. I have printed them out and
delivered them to our family doctor, who is most appreciative.
  Camille votes a resounding YES to the Danish students who want to talk via
the Internet. What a marvelous experience for her. She is constantly amazed
to read your responses from not only the US and Canada, but also from South
Africa, Jerusalem, and other far away places.
   We do live in a rural Wisconsin community, which seeems to have more than
its share of both Parkinson's and Lou Gehrig's Disease cases. So we are most
interested in any additional information you can share regarding pesticides
as factors. What can we do to highlight this potential hazard to the farmers
here?
  We are also most grateful for the information regarding Sinemet and lowered
blood pressure, which we will share with our family doctor and our
neurologist. Mom had a very slight stroke last year and is taking blood
pressure medicine along with Sinemet. We will be watchful, thanks to your
comments.
   This discussion group has been a great emotional boost for Camille. She
now knows that she is not alone.
Mary Sue Dillingofski
Ripon, WI
e-mail [log in to unmask]