Dear Danish Students. So glad you are a part of the group, and hope it is a
great learning experience for you.  It has been for me.  My mom has PD, and is
70 years old. She has recently, after years of other problems like RLS, become
very fatigued and mentally confused.  She wanted to know what to do, and I arran
 ged for her to see a neurologist specializing in PD in Boston. He initially
treated her symptoms by redistributing her meds (sinemet) more evenly over the
day to try to give her a boost of energy.  This doesn't seem to be helping
noticably.  We take her backfor further evaluation Oct. 3. We wondered about the
possiblilty of pallidotomy in her case, but this is not the first avenue of
approach used, of course.  Will keep you updated after her visit.
She also had a period of being overmedicated both with sinemet and with anti
depressants, which produced a rather unstable mental and physical state in which
she cried, paniced easily, had hallucinations of people being in her home, and
staggered when she walked.  She is now more under control in those respects.
THanks for your interest.
Lynn Lowe