Hey Matt!

Welcome to the PD group. In your introductory message, you wrote

   I guess I would really like to know what we can do? What can we
expect? What kind of support is there for people like my mother? Can you
recover much from PD? (Can dad play ball again?) Most importantly, how
can we deal with dads depression? I think everyone (including dad) can
accept the fact that he has PD, what we want is for him to feel happier
and better.
<<<<

I can highly recommend a book which was mentioned here a few months ago.
It's called The Parkinson's Handbook by Dwight C. McGoon, M.D. and
published by WWNorton in 1990. The author is a surgeon who developed PD,
and decided to write about it. My mother also has PD and I found the
book very helpful in understanding the disease and its problems. Perhaps
it will be supportative for you and your family as well.

Just my 2 cents!

John Murray, HCILab, Univ. of Michigan