First off, thank you to Barbara Patterson for her friendly welcome to this
list.  I hope I can learn something new and share any ideas that might
be helpful.

My name is Tony Anderson and I am originally from Arizona.  My mother was
diagnosed with Parkinsons when I was 12.....18 years ago.  I have to plead
ignorance here but, I can't tell you the "type" of Parkinsons she has.
 All I know is that she does not have tremors.  It has, however, affected
her mobility in a big way and if she does not take her medication faithfully
her body writhes uncontrollably.  On a good note, she is very alert and
mentally stable, although she battles depression on occassion, which the
doctors say is a side affect of her medication(?).

I apologize for being semi-aloof about Parkinsons.  You'd think I'd know
more, having lived through it with her for quite a few years.  However,
I am looking forward to learning more about new treatments that may be
available so that I can share these with my family members, as well as
my mother.

Thanks,

Tony Anderson ([log in to unmask])