     Thanks to Barbara Patterson for welcoming me to the list.

     My grandmother, Betty Jayne,  age 71, was diagnosed with
     Parkinson's a year ago, which is why I've subscribed to the
     list.  She lives in Northern California and travels 2 hours
     once a month to the nearest Parkinson support group in
     Oregon.  I've been sending her information (archives) from
     the list, which she then passes on to other patients in her
     area.  She has tried several of the ideas presented, and has
     been pleased with the results.  One in particular was a
     diet, unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it.  She
     is rather overweight and finds that her excess weight makes
     getting around even more difficult.  She does not have
     tremors, but is extremely slow.  In addition, she has a
     great deal of pain and fatigue, and the forward leaning
     posture as well.   She is working with a massage therapist
     who comes to her home twice each month, a physical
     therapist, takes aqua-aerobics in the summer (no indoor pool
     for winter), paints, and takes in every athletic game my
     cousins participate in.  She lives alone and still drives,
     but finds getting in and out of the car difficult.

     I live in Iowa, and am a secretary in Internal Medicine in
     the largest teaching hospital in the country.  I have
     late-stage Lyme Disease and see many similarities in
     symptoms between Lyme and Parkinson - especially those
     diagnosed as Young Parkinson's.  Has anyone ever been
     diagnosed with Lyme who has Parkinson's?

     Thank you very much for the information which this list has
     provided.  My grandmother and her friends are very pleased
     to have the resource.