Tony Anderson:  If your mother's body writhes uncontrollably I would bet she
is overmedicated and needs to have her PD meds readjusted.  However if she
has a rhythmical shaking of limbs, head, mouth, tongue, or other part  of
body- that is tremor and her meds are taking care of that.
    Some neurologists are now  using selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors
- Paxil, Prozac, or Zoloft - for depression.
     Your mom probably has what most of us have - regular old fashioned
idiopathic PD.  At this point we don't know the cause or cure.  That's pretty
depressing in itself.
Barbara Yacos