TO ALL: Re Barbara's request for a Report on the Parkinson Foundation of
Canada AGM & Conference in Montreal Canada   Sept 16-18 1994

Was I the only  person there who can post to this information exchange?
It seems that no one else is going to report  -- So I will list the
speakers and topics NOW and  in another posting give some idea of
content. I have tapes  (they are not the best quality) but they can serve
to answer any questions-- I hope.
A note to Barbara Y --Your answers will be  in part 2
MEETING SCHEDULE
SEPT 16 17 18 1994
Fri- Chapter  meeting
Sat am  -Dr Francois JG Vingerhoets "Research with the PET Scan: A Closer
                -                                               Look at
the Brain"-Very interesting presentation on the PET Scan at UBC in Vancouver
Sat am-Poster Presentations on Research
                 1) Pallidotomy  series at the Toronto Hospital
                 2) Using implants to release medications directly into
the brain
 Sat noon       - Dr David Grimes  "Parkinson's:  Feeling Better"
                (Ottawa Civic Hospital, Parkinson's Society of Ottawa-
Carleton) has a good understanding of living with a chronic
condition.  (He has had a lung transplant).  I can recommend his book
"One Step at a Time"..

Sat pm  - Panel - Movement Disorder Clinic Coordinators
1)Community -
2)Family -
3)Legal -
4)Anxiety & Depression  -Susan Calne RN  Neurodegenerative Disorders Clinic,
 UBC,
Vancouver

Sat pm  - Dr Serge Gauthier   McGill Centre for Studies of Aging
"Pharmacological Treatment of Parkinson's Symptoms"
review coming

Sun am  - Dr Donald Calne       "Research Update"  review coming
                Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board
                Parkinson Foundation of Canada      The End

Anne Rutherford [log in to unmask]