Barb Yac:
It's interesting you mention the possibility of being "overmedicated."
 She has had a history of being overmedicated and then undermedicated,
causing a bunch of different things to occur.  However, the only time she
writhes is when her medication is wearing off.  Once she takes it, it only
takes about 5-10 minutes and she's back to "normal."

It's amazing to me the affects of being over/undermedicated.  I've seen
her stiff as a board in bed not being able to move at all, only to find
out the doctor didn't recommend a high enough dosage or visa-versa .  It
even came down to the point where her doctor wasn't sure how much to prescribe
(does this happen with others as well?) and basically left it up to my
older brother to "experiment" with dosages.  Luckily, he has had some experience
in that area and is close friends with a pharmacist and together they seemed
to get it regulated.  She has switched doctors since and is doing much
better.

About the depression, her doctor had mentioned that it was one of the side
affects of the medication she was taking.  (I'll have to call her and find
out which one it is).  However, she is very stubborn and independent (I
love her dearly, nonetheless) which may contribute to it as well.

Thanks for the response.

Tony <[log in to unmask]>

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 10/14  2:14am >>>
Tony Anderson:  If your mother's body writhes uncontrollably I would bet
she is overmedicated and needs to have her PD meds readjusted.  However
if she has a rhythmical shaking of limbs, head, mouth, tongue, or other
part  of body- that is tremor and her meds are taking care of that.
    Some neurologists are now  using selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors
- Paxil, Prozac, or Zoloft - for depression.
     Your mom probably has what most of us have - regular old fashioned
idiopathic PD.  At this point we don't know the cause or cure.  That's
pretty depressing in itself.
Barbara Yacos