To all list members

Hiccups are funny for an hour but what if they continue for a day,
 or a week?   What if they go on  and on?
Can I find another Parkinsonian who has hiccups?
I am asking these questions in all seriousness.
I hope that someone on the list can give me some information,
a medical reference, some suggestions.
Are there any medications?   How do they work?
Is there a centre for the study of hiccups?
Is it a neurological problem or  a problem of the digestive
system or what?
Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Email  to   [log in to unmask]  or post to this list.
Anne Rutherford