-- [ From: Donna Kipp * EMC.Ver #2.01P ] --

Hi Jeffrey- I saw your name and had to reply. I hope you are enjoying
CA and glad to see you are pursuing your education. I wanted to tell
you  about an experience I am going through right now. I was going to a
psychologist who is also a hypnotherapist.for some personal problems
and he mentioned that he may be able to help me with my PD. I was
sceptical but  open and I must report that I have been 4 or 5 times and
am amazed at the control I am able to have over this disease. I am
finding that a lot of the rigidity that I carry is me fighting the
disease. During my sessions I am able to get  relief from the rigidity.
I don't have tremor at the time of the day when I see him but have been
able to control it for limited periods of time at home  when I do
experience tremor through  the  meditation tecniques he has taught me
that are similar to biofeedback. By limited periods I mean  maybe an
hour after I have finished meditating I have no or minimal tremor. I
meditate a couple of times a day and it has had made a great differance
in the rigidity I carry around. I  used to try and control the tremor
by tightening the offending body part but now I use relaxation
techniques that takes longer to stop the tremor but actually keeps it
away for awhile.  The changes I have seen are  much less rigidity and
improved breathing, more control over the tremor then I have ever had,
increased use of my right hand ,  and better posture. I am thrilled but
am tempering it with my experiences of  having this disease for eight
years and the realization that sometimes relief can be short lived.  I
am very optimistic about this therapy because it is something that gets
immediate results and once trained it is something you can do at home
and I am finding the more I practice the better results I get. I have
tried meditation before but was unable to get any meaningful results,
with his help and using hypnosis as the tool  I am very optimistic. A
good book to read is THE RELAXATION RESPONSE  I myself have not read it
but the physchologist  I go to has mentioned it several times. I think
of you often and hope you are doing well. Donna