In severe cases of Ekbom Syndrome (Restless Legs Syndrome) it is not unusual
to have the weird twitching, spasms, and electric shock-like feelings any
time of the day or constantly if not treated.  The only treatment that works
for me is controlled release Sinemet25/100 at 8 a.m., 3 p.m., l0 p.m., and
often a half dose once during the night when awful shock waves in my legs
wake me up.  I can't ignore it and it makes me crazy.  I get relief by
walking and exercising until the Sinemet starts to work.  There is no sleep
'til then.  I am really worried that Sinemet will lose its ability to work
and then I have no alternative.  I've tried Klonopin - codeine - muscle
relaxant - none work.   I have not tried Permax.

Note to 733:  l0 mg of Klonopin at bedtime is average dose.  20 mg is the
maximum recommended daily dose.

I would really like to hear from someone who is using Permax for RLS.  I
would also like to hear from Parkinsonians who also have Restless Legs
Syndrome.  My feeling at the moment is that it is rare to have both.  RLS is
not dystonia or muscle cramps with severe pain like a charley horse which
often twists a foot.  PD with dystonia is common.

There is an active BB in America Online for RLS.

Barbara Yacos