You wrote:

>Dear Dr. Fink -
>I noticed your posting about Grateful Med and wondered if you could
>explain it a little further in terms of what is does & how it is
>useful. Thanks.
>Take Care
>Barb
>Barb Colmery, Operating Rooms
>University of Michigan Hospitals
>email: [log in to unmask]

Barb:  I myself do not use "Grateful Med", since I find that my
"DialogLink" software works very well for me.  Unfortunately,
DL may no longer be available as a separate package, as CompuServe
bought out Dialog and now supplies the service as part of one's
CompuServe account (and it is expensive if you use it through
CompuServe).  What I know about "Grateful Med" is that it is a
keyboard-driven package which connects you to MEDLINE and it is
supposed to be easy to use, as well as inexpensive (a prior
message suggested that the software costs $29.95).  I know of one
hospital library that uses it, but the library that I use the most
uses DialogLink, as do I.  Finally, the other advantage of Grateful
Med is that I believe that there are no time restrictions on its
use, while "non-library" people can only use DL at "off hours" (after
6 PM weekdays and all day weekends).

A prior message listed a Web site where more info on Grateful Med
could be obtained and I am going to check it out also; although I
plan to stick with DL for the present.

Best,

Bob
--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"