To: Inquiries about Grateful Med

I have used Grateful Med in my job researching references for the doctors
with whom I work. Although abstracts are listed for journals I do not think
entire research papers are available, although already published manuscripts
can be ordered through a portion of Grateful Med (it's called "Lonesome
Doc"). Rather than spend $ on the Grateful Med software and access you might
be able to get a connection in a nearby medical library who might have a
similar service (here at the UVa medical library we access National Library
of Medicine through PlusNet).

If Barbara was referring to unpublished research papers it is doubtful that
she would be able to see them anywhere. Unpublished material is rather well
guarded since there is the hope that eventually it WILL be published. Also,
some scientists don't want unpublished material circulating because it could
give a competitor a boost. It's possible, however, that there's a place where
unpublished research material goes for the public to search...sort of like a
"research waiting room"...or purgatory. I would be interested in knowing if
such a place exists.

Good luck.

Yatta Jacob ([log in to unmask])