Just a quick correction to Bob's message.  Dialog was NOT bought out by
Compuserve.  I am not familiar with CompuServe, but I do use Dialog every
day.  It is owned by Knight-Ridder (who also owns a number of
newspapers).  It is possible (although I don't know for sure) that
CompuServe offers some sort of a gateway into Dialog, as does Westlaw (an
online service of legal information)

People interested in accessing things like Medline through
Dialog can telnet directly to the Dialog computers via the Internet
(telnet dialog.com), but you must have a Dialog account already in
place.  The DialogLink software (available in dos or Windows format) is
a terrific communications software and I prefer it to accessing Dialog
via the Internet or Procomm or any other program.  Dialog's phone number
is 1-800-334-2564.

I have also used Grateful Med.  While it is not nearly as
sophisticated as searching MedLine via Dialog, it is easier for the novie
and also cheaper.

Jane
Jane Metz, Assistant Librarian                      [log in to unmask]
McCutchen, Doyle, Brown & Enersen                   [log in to unmask]
San Francisco, CA                                   415-393-2198