Hi all,
First of all, i want to say, that i am no subscriber to this list.
I just found that part about hiccups in the NIH-gopher and wanted
to say that hiccups persisting during long periods have to be taken
serious. Due to the hiccup no sleep is possible and so the body has
allmost no time to recover. I worked as a paramedic for about three
years and we had one case of singultus (which means
therapy-resistent hiccup). We rushed the person to the emergency
room at hospital because his breathing was affected by the hiccup
and oxygen in blood was decreasing. There he was intubated, and
completly relaxated to gain back control over the breathing. This
status was kept for two days. After this time he woke up and had
recovered. I didnt get any information of the source of this
(luckily rare) case of sever singultus. But i can say for sure that
the patient had no PD - so this hiccup was no PD-related symptom.
I can only agree to Jeff: if you have a hiccup persisting over a
long time, see your local doctor.

If my english is not correct in all parts, please excuse me (its my
second language).
My best regards to all subscribers of this list and my best wishes
for the future.
        Tim

ps: i am no doc, just going to medical school

Wer auf seinen Zehen steht, steht nicht lange