First: How does one subscirbe to this list?  I found the
archives, but found no subscription information.
Since I am not currently subscribed, please reply by direct e-mail.
Of course, if you have general interest comment, send them to the
list as well!

My mother-in-law has had PD for about 15 years or so.  My father-in-law
has been doing a great job taking care of her. He is very proud and
self-sufficient, but is now coming to the realization that he needs
help. He is essentially a full-time nurse at the moment, and his life
and health is taking a severe hit.  He is now to the point where
he has made the very difficult decision (for him) to ask for help.
The rest of the family recognizes his need to maintain his lifestyle
as closely as possible. By this I mean that we want to keep my mother-
in-law at home and bring in a care provider in such a way as to
have as little impact as possible on their hosehold. Fortunately,
they still have pretty good financial resources.

Suggestions, please, specific to Fairfield Couty Conn, if possible !:

1.) What options are available for in-home care? Nurses?  Companions?
    Volunteer organizations? Part time? Full time?

2.) Are there religious organizations that might provide volunteer (or
     otherwise) help?  Are there any resources at Fairfield University?
     Norwalk Hospital?

3.) Do nursing homes have outreach programs?

4.) Any idea on how to get a proud man to get himself some support?
    And where? He resists even his own family.

5.) Where else can I go to get information on care for the elderly?

Thanks,
Gary Pajer

Gary Pajer                            [log in to unmask]
Schlumberger / EMR Photoelectric                    609 799-1000 x6700