Edwin, I thought your story was great, too.  It reminded me of one of my
older brothers.  Lloyd is married and the father of 8 children.  He
worked in a steel company in the coke ovens.  When he was 35 he had a heart
attack and returned to the coke ovens (and to smoking) after a few months.
When he was in his late fifties, he had a brain aneurysm and fortunately
only lost his sense of smell after the surgery.  He quit smoking but went
back to work.  A year later he had another heart attack and after that
one, he retired.  This year, at the age of 72, he was diagnosed with lung
cancer.  The cancer hasn't spread but they can't do surgery because of his
heart.  If I learned by example, I would have quit by now.  I will print
your story for him, Edwin, because it sounds so much like him as a young man.

I read the article by our Danish students and thought it was excellent.  I
am very pleased that they gave us this opportunity to be involved in their
education.  There has been some discussion on another list as to using
email messages as references.  It has been suggested (as I remember it)
that the following format be used:  e.g., Partridge, Edwin, (date), email
message posted to Parkinsn Discussion list.  It makes it a little easier
to find..
Barb