In follow-up to my summary of Dr. Tatton's presentation at
Tallahassee Memorial last week, I am posting these citations
of his work.  I recommend reading at least some of his research
before clamoring for deprenyl now.

I'm afraid my original posting may not have carried a strong
enough disclaimer.  That posting is my understanding of a
topic that is way over my head and is subequently possibly
riddled with misinterpretation.  I am not a doctor.
I can't give medical advice.  Also, if you intend to sue
I not only don't represent my employer, but I am also
penniless, so don't bother.

SO, if you want to count on reliable information, sources
are listed below.

Document No  : 93375335
Title        : Rescue of axotomized immature rat facial motoneurons by R(-)-depr
 enyl:
 stereospecificity and independence from monoamine oxidase inhibition.
Author       : Ansari KS;Yu PH;Kruck TP;Tatton WG
Source       : Journal of Neuroscience
 1993 Sep;13(9):4042-53

Document No  : 94335018
Title        : (-)-Deprenyl alters the survival of adult murine facial motoneuro
 ns after
 axotomy: increases in vulnerable C57BL strain but decreases in motor neuron
 degeneration mutants.
Author       : Oh C;Murray B;Bhattacharya N;Holland D;Tatton WG
Source       : Journal of Neuroscience Research
 1994 May 1;38(1):64-74

Document No  : 94202245
Title        : Increased CNTF gene expression in process-bearing astrocytes foll
 owing injury
 is augmented by R(-)-deprenyl.
Author       : Seniuk NA;Henderson JT;Tatton WG;Roder JC
Source       : Journal of Neuroscience Research
 1994 Feb 1;37(2):278-86

Document No  : 92243529
Title        : Deprenyl reduces the death of motoneurons caused by axotomy.
Author       : Salo PT;Tatton WG
Source       : Journal of Neuroscience Research
 1992 Feb;31(2):394-400

Document No  : 92157181
Title        : Rescue of dying neurons: a new action for deprenyl in MPTP parkin
 sonism.
Author       : Tatton WG;Greenwood CE
Source       : Journal of Neuroscience Research
 1991 Dec;30(4):666-72

Document No  : 92240505
Title        : Interactions between MPTP-induced and age-related neuronal death
 in a murine
 model of Parkinson's disease.
Author       : Tatton WG;Greenwood CE;Seniuk NA;Salo PT
Source       : Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences
 1992 Feb;19(1 Suppl):124-33

e-mail me for abstracts
Chris   @8)

--
The NeuroScience Center                 [log in to unmask]
at Tallahassee Memorial                 (904) 681-5037