---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 18:34:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Judith Guion <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Welcome

Dear Barbara,

I am a rank amateur using any of the Internet services so I apologize if
I have incorrectly written to you.  I'm an elementary school teacher,
teaching third and fourth grade kids in a self-contained Gifted program.
My primary interest in Parkinson's disease has developed as a result of
my mother, aged 80, having been diagnosed, via symtoms only, as having
Parkinson's some four months ago.  We are a family of long livers...my
grandmother just died at 105, so I'm interested and concerned about how,
if the diagnosis is correct, this disease will affect my mother.  I am
interested in all the information that comes available.  My mother's
doctor has not sent her to a neurologist nor has he prescribed any
medications.  I need to know if this is all within normal care.
Further, I assume that the disease progresses at very different rates in
different people.  So, how are you?  And are you finding an emotional
component in your own disease?

My concern is with you and I thank you for your work here to help us be
informed both as persons with the condition and as potential caregivers.

Judith Guion
jguion.eskimo.com